- And what do you care??? You dumped me!!!
- That’s technically impossible, babe, we never dated. Now answer my question, please: who’s Walt?
- A good friend.
- How good?
- As good as to show me how jealous you can be of any male predator who would be stalking me.
- I’m not jealous.
- Call it what you want to, but you don’t need to conceal those jealousy feelings creeping up on you. I love them.
- Dream on ... now forget about Walt; give him the finger; get the cheerleader stuff and say you'll go to the party with me.
- Just for my info… is the word “please” included in your vocabulary? -I asked-
- Of course it is. Will you PLEASE go to the party with me? -he said-
- Good. I will. It was easy, wasn’t it?
- I told you not to be the smarty-pants, Len.
- Ok. I may have a light blue outfit but no pompons.
- Hum... I’ll see to it, don’t worry.
My light blue pleated tennis mini skirt and top would do for a cheerleader. The day after Bob came home to pick me up.
- Wow Len! You look stunning! –he said-
- I have something for you. –he said, handing me two light blue pompons-
- Oh, thank you! Where did you buy them?
- I made them myself at home this morning with old stuff I found in the attic.
I could have kissed him right on the spot but I held back my enthusiasm and offered him a big smile instead. I shook the pompons and jumped, overwhelmed with happiness. They were great! We put our coats on and went out.
- Bearing in mind that it’s almost midnight and my neighbours would report me to the police if I rang the alarm bell now, I presume it's over. Kaput. Finito. No one will ever hear us. Air and space are in short supply here. We are going to die of hunger, thirst and fright, suffocated inside this damned lift!!! –I said in a panic-
- Calm down, baby. A gorgeous fireman will get you out very soon. –he laughed-
- Nooo! The mobile phones are out of coverage and everybody’s out for the week-end; we will stay here unnoticed until next Monday!!!
I was really frightened. He noticed that, held me tight and whispered into my ear:
- Nothing wrong is gonna to happen to you, baby. Trust me. –he said as he stroke my hair-.
The pompons fell on the floor. I couldn’t resist feeling him so close and kissed him real deep. Teeth clashed and tongues licked causing waves of lust. We were overwhelmed with desire. He pulled me firmly towards him so that his chest and hips were pressed against mine.
- I want you so badly, Len –he said-.
We were leaning on the lift’s wall, but slowly slid down to the floor, where we started heavy petting. I was almost delirious with desire. My hands travelled down his chest to the waistband of his boxer shorts. Plain white. No trace of the Orsinian flag this time. I slid my hand underneath and teased him. We moved together; my heart was beating like thunder.
Everything was happening fast. I urgently undid his jeans and he ripped my string off. Then, he removed my bra completely, hissing with pleasure. He tasted of sweet venom; of irresistible temptation and unveiled mystery.
I had dreamed a hundred times of that moment. But it always happened on a bed full of red rose petals; in the highest tower of a medieval castle; on the golden sands of a tropical beach; on the snows of mountains on top of the world; on thick white cotton-like clouds a thousand feet high; under the wet exotic breezes of the monsoon; even in my warm and humble bed. Yet although we were shut in an old lift covered in the marks, scratches and blows it had picked up over the years ... it didn’t really matter to me where the hell we were, as long as we were together. Waves after waves of pleasure were flowing through the two of us.
When I thought I could take it no more, we were sucked into the whirl of a Cosmic Orgasm: One of monumental dimensions; huge; overwhelming; ecstatic; unusual; simultaneous; the kind to make you moan without control; almost faint; violently cry with pleasure. In a word: “KOZMIK”.
- Man that was awesome! –I whispered, breathless, spellbound, still shivering and covered with sweat-.
He had a smiling far away look in his eyes and could hardly talk. I snuggled into him, my head on his chest and fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat. He smiled at me and pulled his coat over us.
We woke up thirty minutes later, when the lift began to descend slowly. Our journey finished at the ground floor, where the door opened. Just like that. We went upstairs to my flat for a calming coffee.
- Just one trick to make you laugh, ok? A clown’s nose. –he said as he took two small red balls from his pocket-
He put it on and I did too. We cracked up.
- I’m not done with you yet -he said serious, looking into my eyes-
That night the notorious boy of the wild spent the night with me and we played in my bed until the sun rose. When I woke up he was gone, but he had left this note on my pillow:
“Come to my twisted world of bricks and war games and I will do the weirdest things for you, babe. You drive me crazy.
Two galaxies have just crashed above us. Let's dance this waltz while the stardust is falling on our heads.
If I hadn't found you yet, I would be looking for you in my dreams. You're a favourite person.
Again, that night I cried my eyes out until I fell asleep. But those were tears of happiness.
Goodnight to you, wherever you are.
Awesome English translation of the poem "Pequeño vals vienés" (Little wienese waltz) of Federico García Lorca (1898-1936), the Spanish poet killed during the Civil War, and wonderful music by Leonard Cohen. This song is included in his album "I'm your man" (1988).